Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Next Panel - but 1st an explanation


Okay - here's the next panel - now remember, I was in college. We came up with alternate nick names for different classes, etc. "Fundamentals of Math" - for example we dubbed "Bonehead Math". We read Oedipus Rex - but would write "Oedipus Wrecks" - complete with finger eye gouging motion. So - a group of us art majors had to take a music class which was required. If one didn't play an instrument - didn't participate in choir, etc. - you took "Exploring Music" (which is probably like "Bonehead Math", but in the music area). So, our nickname for "Exploring Music" was "Exploding Mucus". I hang my head in shame, but there you go. I imagine those music majors had nicknames for "Exploring Art" classes - like "Exploding Fart" - who knows?

Anyway, this panel is not a bash on Barry or anything - I think I was probably actually in Exploring Music at the time of drawing this strip. Also, sadly, somewhere in 4 or 5 moves, a wee bit of water damage occurred. Apparently I didn't work in permanent pen yet......

*There is one more panel, though I'm not particularily proud of the lyrics towards the end and invited blog readers to finish it out and I'd recreate the wording ... if someone can finish this off better than I, I'll submit the last panel.

No comments: