Monday, July 24, 2006

Copyright Info

With the YouTube incident - where old, vintage Manilow videos were taken down - as well as advising those that wish to right-click and lift images here on this blog - here's copyright info links:

Ten Myths About Copyright Explained

and Are You A Copyright Criminal?

Unfortunate situation - I know alot of the fan base would fall into the believing the myths part. admit, I did like seeing what I missed out on many moons ago. Here's hoping there's a win/win for fans on the horizon - so fans can get old vintage material like they WANT and that it's all legal beagle.

2 comments:

Sheron said...

I, too, hope they can figure out a way to give the fans some of that old stuff. Barry's always talking about his newer fans, younger fans, etc. Most of them have never see some of this classic stuff. YouTube gave them a glimpse into those wonderful days of Barry's past career. Too bad all that is now gone. Great PR, down the drain.

Yes, I know legalities are why this happened. I'm just very sorry it happened the way it did. I think some really nice people got whopped up side their heads. People who posted those videos out of love for a terrific entertainer, not out of any malice.

Cher said...

Thank you for posting this link. I refer to it in my blog - crediting and thanking you.