Saturday, December 03, 2005

1950's period album covers.

With the discussion over Manilow's album cover ... I thought it would be interesting to take a look at album cover art from that time period.

First off - here's Barry's album cover design:



Which, to me, looks more similar to Bobby Darin's album cover.



But also seems to look a bit like Dean Martin in terms of the white spotlight business in background.



Susan suggested seeing Barry's album cover in black and white ... so I did convert to grayscale to see this along with the others just to see!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. Barry's new CD fits right in with that era! Thanks Jackie!

redcat said...

WOW...that's awesome. Much better than the color version. But I love the teal color, too.

Anonymous said...

Nice of you to do the comparison... and I think it's very creative of them to try to "duplicate" the album covers of that era. And it doesn't hurt that Barry is absolutely gorgeous!

Susan said...

Congratulations on your blog! I love it so far and the idea of recording happy birthday to Barry!